Friday, June 25, 2010

And so it begins...

I will forego the usual "Why did I start a blog" mishmash and just get on with it. Everyone has something to say, right? Sometimes, these diatribes can go on and on while other times 140 words are sufficient. For me, I'm approaching a point in my life where I can forsee change is imminent. No, this isn't the typical mid-life crisis that one encounters in the waning months of his 30's. I'm content with my age and my status in life. I have never been one to want, and I could care less for titles and money. I am happy being happy. Rather, the 3 steps of my path involves the following: DO GOOD THINGS, SPEAK GOOD WORDS, THINK GOOD THOUGHTS. This is based around Buddhist principles, something I have been reading about quite a bit lately. I am finding that adhering to these principles is far more difficult than I had anticipated.....but I guess that is why it is a journey. And that is why I have chosen to start blogging; it is the new millenium version of the diary (and hopefully a more masculine method of documenting one's thoughts).

No comments:

Post a Comment